From the Voice of a Veteran blog:
I wondered how each of the candidates was communicating with these and other veterans apart from the rhetoric and the ads. Both George Bush and John Kerry have veterans' links on their websites.
John Kerry's veterans' website talks about veterans and their needs, and includes his Compact With Veterans:
· Providing Mandatory funding of Veterans' Healthcare
· Grant Full Concurrent Receipt to Disabled Military Retirees
· Make the Veterans Administration Responsive
· Properly Compensate Soldiers and their Families for their Service
· Full Accounting for Missing POW/MIAs
· Combating Homelessness
· Supporting Members of the National Guard and Reservists
· Protecting Family members who lose a loved-one
· Don't Overstretch the Military
George Bush's veterans' website talks about himself and what he says he has done for veterans - almost nothing about what he will do for them in the future.
There's a clear difference. John Kerry talks about veterans. George Bush talks mostly about himself. Check it out for yourself. And then make the choice vets - who do really believe is thinking about you?
[LINK-Entry of June 2, 2004]
VETERANS-THE BUSH RECORD
Years of Broken Commitments with More to Come (pdf)